Are you aged 11-17 and live or attend education in Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Milnrow, Wardle, Littleborough or Smallbridge? Concerned about local, regional and national issues that can affect young people’s futures? Have you got ideas on how you can make improvements to services and local issues affecting young people across Rochdale borough?
Interested? Apply now to be the next Member of UK Youth Parliament (MYP) for Rochdale Borough! This role includes:
- Representing the views of young people across the borough
- Attending the House of Commons to debate, just like the adult MPs do
- Attending regional meetings to share resources and shout louder with young people from across the North West
- Attending the Annual Conference with MYPs from across the UK
- Attending a residential in Cumbria to train for and plan your campaigns, as well as have fun!
- Chairing Rochdale Borough Youth Cabinet Meetings
- Attending events as a representative of young people
To apply, download the application form here:
The deadline for applications to be submitted is Friday 29th November. Please send complete forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to contact us on this e-mail if you have any questions.
To get more information on the role and how to apply, go to: http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/children-and-childcare/children-and-young-people/youth-service/Pages/youth-parliament.aspx